The Luminar for Windows Open Beta is now live! If you can’t wait here is your link to get your free copy – all you need is to leave your e-mail address and you will receive your download link. Be one of the first to try the most innovative and award winning photo editor on macOS now for your Windows PC. Just to let you know:
- A beta version is not the final version and features are subject to change
- The current beta version does not include all of the features/tools that the final release version will
- The final version will be released late 2017
Macphun makes free public beta of Luminar for Windows available for download
Macphun debuts its first-ever software for the PC, heralding a new era of cross-platform solutions for photographers
San Diego, CA – July 13, 2017 — Macphun, the California-based developer known for delivering award-winning products for Mac, today launched the free public beta of its award-winning photo editor Luminar for Windows. To download the beta, please visit macphun.com/beta.
Luminar is a powerful photo editor designed to tackle anyone’s photography needs, from correcting challenging image problems to artful stylizing. Users can choose between levels of image processing complexity based on their experience, and adapt the workspace controls to their skill level, moving up to more advanced modes as they learn. Luminar works in non-destructive fashion and aims to take “work” from photo editing “workflow” for photographers worldwide.
In April, only 5 months after its launch, Luminar for Mac won the prestigious TIPA award for Best Imaging Software 2017. This all-in-one photo editor is a cutting-edge solution for creating fascinating images without extra hassle. Luminar includes over 300 robust tools that make fixing, editing and perfecting a photo as easy as moving a slider.
“We are thrilled to release our first PC product today and give photography enthusiasts around the world the first taste of our best-selling Mac product,” said Kevin La Rue, Vice-President at Macphun. “By test-driving Luminar for Windows, beta testers can help shape our software and make the final release a perfect fit for everyone,” concluded La Rue.
The public beta is free of charge and already matches some of the most important features of Luminar, such as the newest and most advanced tool developed by Macphun’s Research and Development Lab – the Accent AI Filter, powered by artificial intelligence technology. The filter allows anyone to create stunning images with a single slider, substituting for dozens of traditional controls like shadows, highlights, contrast, tone, saturation, exposure, details and many others.
Admittedly, several features from the Mac version of Luminar remain in development for the Windows platform, among them workspaces, plug-in integration, object removal, noise reduction, and more. As these are completed, the public beta will be updated regularly leading to a full cross-platform release late in 2017.
Key features of the Luminar for Windows public beta:
- Adaptive user interface – Exactly matching the Mac version, the software adapts to the skill level and preferences of the photographer.
- One-click presets – Over 50 pre-defined styles for every photography style.
- Photo Editing Filters – Over 40 custom filters, each with built-in visual tips and a unique set of easy-to-use controls for correcting, enhancing and stylizing images.
- RAW file conversion – Support for the latest RAW file libraries.
- Non-destructive workflow – Edit without fear.
- Recommended System Requirements – Windows 10, Core i5 2.2 or better, 8GB RAM, 1GB GPU RAM, SSD with 20+GB free space.